Music Creation and Songwriting LAB a program to support creativity and mutual learning of creators and performers.
The main goal of MCS_Lab is to create a comprehensive program which will not only gather composers and songwriters from the three represented countries (Poland, Portugal and France), coming from different music genres and backgrounds, as part of joint creative work during songwriting camps, but which will also provide them with the necessary theoretical knowledge and with the support of mentors with long-standing experience in the music industry.
The project will involve three songwriting camps, one of which will be dedicated to work on songs to be used in films and commercials in the future, involving film and contemporary music composers.
The songwriting camps are scheduled adequately:
- Sync Camp in Poland (June 2021)
- Songwriting camp in France (September 2021)
- Songwriting camp in Portugal (April 2022). *
Participants of these events will be selected in open calls, based on submitted applications. Entries will be judged by representatives of the organizers and independent experts.
Moreover, since one of the basic assumptions of the Music Creation and Songwriting LAB is the belief that proper preparation, training and equipping with the necessary knowledge will allow for better use of the European music industry’s potential in the area of popular music creation, the project has also been expanded to include a comprehensive educational component.
From April to September this year, thanks to the cooperation with undisputed experts of the music industry, a series of workshops will be held, covering:
· The role of the music publisher on an international level
· The role of collecting societies and how to register your works
· Songwriting as a career: what tools do you need?
· Introduction to the contemporary landscape of the music industry & modern music marketing
· How to prepare for songwriting camps
· How to synch your music
· Storytelling & personal branding
· Music Rights in the Digital World
· How to network effectively and pitch your work as a songwriter
· The functioning of the music markets in France, Portugal and Poland.
In addition, workshop participants will have the opportunity to participate in individual consultations with mentors, within the framework of their on-call hours**, and participation in the educational component of the project will be additionally scored when applying for participation in songwriting camps.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*The organizers shall make efforts so that all three events be organized offline, however due to the dynamic situation connected with the coronavirus pandemics and for the reasons of health and safety they reserve the right to change the formula of the events to the virtual one.
**There will be separate registrations for the sessions, on a first come, first serve basis. Details will be emailed directly to workshop participants once they have been completed.